the best bookstores in the world
1. This majestic converted 1920s movie palace uses theater boxes for reading rooms and draws Thousands of tourists every year. Librería El Ateneo Grand Splendid, Buenos Aires, Argentina
2. This is the entrance of the bookstore Le Bal des Ardents in Lyon, France.
3. For those who like their green spaces (and coffee shops) to Invade their bookstores. Cafebreria El Pendulo, Mexico City, Mexico
4. The bookstore section of the larger complex dedicated to art and design certainly lives up to its mission. Corso Como Bookshop , Milan, Italy
5. Kid’s Republic Book Store in Beijing, China by Sako Architects
6. Livraria Lello & Irmão (open since 1906), Porto, Portugal
7. A gorgeous converted Dominican church gives the power of reading its due diligence. Selexyz Bookstore , Maastricht, Holland
— Greg Behrendt (via melinajana)
Disney vs. 7 early fairytales
"I’m a philosophy professor."
"If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be?"
"Never make an exception of yourself."
"What does that mean?"
"People like to make exceptions of themselves. They hold other people to moral codes that they aren’t willing to follow themselves. For example, people tend to think that if they tell a lie, it’s because it was absolutely necessary. But if someone else tells a lie, it means they’re dishonest. So never make an exception of yourself. If you’re a thief, don’t complain about being robbed.”